As I mentioned in the PWC GOP February Committee Meeting Invitation, our beloved Clerk of the Court, Michele McQuigg, passed away on Wednesday, February 15th.
The visitation will be held Wednesday evening February 22nd, from 5-8:00pm, at the Miller Funeral Home, 3200 Golansky Blvd., Woodbridge, VA.
The Memorial Service will be held on Thursday, February 23rd, 7:00pm, at All Saints Anglican Church, 14851 Gideon Drive, Woodbridge, VA.
Please keep Michele’s family in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.
Thank you so very much.
Chairman PWC Republican Committee
PWC GOP Lincoln-Reagan Dinner
Carly Fiorina and 7 Statewide Candidates Confirmed!
Click here to attend our dinner and participate in the Lincoln Reagan Dinner Straw Poll on March 4th!
For more information click here.
PWC GOP MEETING CALL
Monday, February 27th, 2017
Come join us for a Mardi Gras celebration hosted by the Potomac Magisterial District. Come hungry as they will be serving some of New Orleans finest cuisine!
By the authority of the Plans of Organization of the Republican Party of Virginia and the Prince William County Republican Committee, I hereby call a meeting of the Prince William County Republican Committee, to conduct its regular business on Monday, February 27th, 2017. The doors open at 7:00 PM and the meeting will begin at 7:30 PM. The meeting will be held at the Edward L. Kelly Leadership Center, 14715 Bristow Rd, Manassas, VA 20112.
On a sad note, our beloved Clerk of the Circuit Court, Michelle McQuigg, passed away yesterday. Michelle served the court since 2008, before that she served in the House of Delegates for the 51st District representing eastern Prince William County, a seat now held by Delegate Rich Anderson. Prior to that, she served on the Occoquan Board of Supervisors. She will always be known for her great passion for this county and its people; she will be sorely missed. More information regarding her funeral arrangements will follow when they become available.
Please see the attached minutes from the January 2017 PWC Committee Meeting, which will be approved on Monday night.
1. Call to Order – 7:30 PM
2. Invocation & Pledge of Allegiance – 7:35 PM
3. Approval of January Meeting’s Minutes – 7:40 PM
4. Treasurer’s Report – 7:45 PM
5. Candidate’s Time – 7:50 PM
State Senator Frank Wagner
6. Lincoln-Reagan Dinner Update 7:55 PM
7. New Business – 8:00 PM
A. Chairman Reinstatement of Mac Haddow
B. Gainesville Magisterial District
C. Community Engagement – DJ Jordan
D. Events – Operations- Tim Singstock
8. Magisterial District Reports – 8:30 PM
9. Report of Republican Clubs – 8:35 PM
10. District Reports 8:40 PM
11. Induction of New Members 8:45 PM
12. Adjourn – 8:50 PM
The Chair reserves the right to recognize elected officials at any time for the purposes of remarks, announcements or a report.
Prince William County Republican Committee
January 23, 2017 Committee Meeting
1. Call to Order: 7:43
2. Invocation and Pledge: Ted Kirkpatrick
3. Welcome: President of Battlefield HS Student Body Philip Cho, Teenage Republican Club President at Battlefield HS, Hartley Hall, John O’Leary from AFP Libre Project and Jeff Dove who is running for Congress in the 11th District spoke about his candidacy.
4. Approval of November minutes: Passed
5. Treasurer’s Report: We have $22,276.00 on hand.
6. Special Guest: Jose Cossio who has a Spanish radio program to reach the Spanish speaking people to let them know about the Republican Party. It is called “The Other side of the Coin”. They are only hearing the Liberal side of the Coin. Sunday 1030 AM.
7. Old Business: a. Lincoln Reagan Dinner: Dan Varroney: Dan spoke about the Dinner being our big fundraiser for the year and we need to attend and bring friends. It will be at Heritage Hunt in Gainesville and we have 4 out of 9 Candidates confirmed. We are waiting news on Speakers Carly Firoina or Trey Gowdy. There will be a VIP Room at extra cost and candidates will speak there. We will be having a Straw Poll and it can be reached online also.
b. Prince William County Strategic Plan: Dan Varroney spoke about the Plan that will be presented to the Board of Supervisors Tuesday night. He asks that we all attend. This Committee is presenting a bold and different plan. We need more business to build our County and give property owners tax relief. We need to diversify the Revenue Stream.
c. School board Update: Willie Deutsch addressed the mishandling of the Board by Chairman Sawyers. He has not allowed a vote on funds that the BOS is willing to give the School system to alleviate overcrowding in some of our schools. Sawyers and two other members don’t like that the BOS is telling them how to spend the money. He has done nothing for our students and there is a Recall effort going on.
8. New Business: a. Operations Chair: Tim Singstock: N/R
b. Community Service: DJ Jordan: He spoke about effort to recall the School Board Chairman and our donations to Streetlight Ministries at Christmas time. He has copies of a great Newspaper article about the Committee and their Outreach efforts.
9. Magisterial Reports:
a. Gainesville: many attended Inaugural Events and they are buying tables at the Lincoln Reagan Dinner
b. Potomac: Bob Brietenbach: Attended Inaugural Events and held an after
action meeting after the November election.
10. Club Report:
a. Bull Run RWC: Jan reports she still has tote bags to sell. Their Safety class for women will be held March 18 from 10-1pm. Fashion Show is on April 1. Tickets are available.
b. Prince William RWC: Marianne Gesotti: N/R
c. Barbara Bush RWC: Cheri Saggers: Fund raiser for Care Net at Cheri’s Farm February 19 from 1 -4
11. District Reports:
a. 1st District: Bob Watson: There was an effort at the State Central Committee to change the way the 13 delegates are chosen to attend the RNC National Convention. There was an amendment to streamline the method and it failed. It was referred to a subcommittee and they will provide some options to be consider at the March SCC meeting.
12. Admission of New Members: Jeffery Dove, Larry Massey, Brigitte Heifner and reinstate Bob and Elaine Pugh, Kevin Allen, Martin Martinez and Stephen Spiker
13. Adjourn: 8:42
This message was sent to email@example.com from:
Dottie Miller | Chairman@pwcgop.gop | Prince William County Republican Committee | 4431 Prince William Parkway | Woodbridge, VA 22192