Important meeting, convention, and other information/links below.
PWC GOP – Meeting Call
Monday July 25th, 2016
By the authority of the Plans of Organization of the Republican Party of Virginia and the Prince William County Republican Committee, I hereby call a meeting of the Prince William County Republican Committee, to conduct its regular business on Monday, July 25th, 2016. The doors open at 7:00PM and the meeting will begin at 7:30PM. The meeting will be held at Benton Middle School, 7411 Hoadly Rd, Manassas, VA 20112.
You’re invited to a summer salad and dessert potluck. All those with a last name starting with A-M please bring a summer salad and those with a last name starting with N-Z please bring a delicious dessert.
During this month’s meeting we will be sitting with our respective districts to get to know our neighbors better and unite as we look towards this year’s Presidential election.
We are excited to hear the reports from our PWC delegates, who attended the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, Ohio.
Please see the attached minutes from the June PWC committee meeting, which will be approved on Monday night.
1. Call to Order – 7:30 PM
2. Invocation & Pledge of Allegiance – 7:30 PM
3. Approval of previous meeting’s minutes – 7:35 PM
4. Treasurer’s Report – 7:40 PM
5. Delegates’ Report from RNC Convention 8:00 PM
6. Legislative Time – 8:15 PM
7. Magisterial District Reports – 8:20 PM
8. Report of Republican Clubs – 8:25 PM
9. New Business – 8:40 PM
– Community Engagement – DJ Jordan
– Events – Operations- Tim Singstock
10. Chairman’s Report – 8:50 PM
11. Adjourn – 9:00 PM
The Chair reserves the right to recognize elected officials at any time for the purposes of remarks, announcements or a report. If you have an announcement that you would like to make during the Committee Meeting please submit your request to the Chair by next Wednesday, July 20th.
PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY REPUBLICAN COMMITTEE MEETING
June 27, 2016
1. Call to Order: 7:50
2. Invocation and Pledge: Ken Miller
3. Approval of May minutes: Approved
4. Treasurer’s Report: Mario Beckles: We have $31,118 on hand.
Chairman Miller thanked all for attending tonight’s meeting and introduced Chairman Corey Stewart to speak about the Presidential Campaign.
5. Corey Stewart Is the Trump for President Campaign Representative and the Vice Chairman for the Team Virginia effort. He spoke about what is going on in Virginia and how much we need more support. He introduced Donna Widowski to speak about her position as Volunteer Chair for Prince William County for the Trump Campaign. Patrick Gooley the Team Virginia Lead for Prince William County spoke about the need for volunteers and what is coming up in the campaign.
6. Caucus for the Magisterial Districts to elect Chairmen. Seven districts caucused and the results are:
Brentsville: Chris Crawford, Vice Chair: Tom Salmon
Coles: Ted Kirkpatrick, Vice Chairs: Dan Varroney and Paul O’Meara
Gainesville: Steve Botello, Vice Chairs: Carol Fox and Bob Wyman
Neabsco: John Martin, Vice Chair: Beth Mauldin
Occoquan: Billy Gallagher
Potomac: Angela Beckles, Vice Chair: Bob Breitenbach
Woodbridge: Steve Keen
7. Reports of Clubs:
Barbara Bush RWC: Holding a Social Media Class taught by Erin Lee. We are raising funds for Care Net. We will hold a Christmas Fundraiser and We Love You Blue in September. Sales from our table tonight will go to Care Net.
8. Legislative Time: Gil Trenum, the Brentsville School Board Member announced that he is being deployed by the Navy to an overseas post for a year. He has given the names of 3 fully qualified candidates to take his place while he is gone. The Board will make a decision.
Delegate Jackson Miller spoke about what is going on in Richmond. He updated us on the lawsuit the Republicans brought against Gov. McAuliffe. The Virginia Supreme Court will take up the case on July 19.
*Delegate Rich Anderson spoke about the case against Gov. McDonnell being sent back to the lower court. They may hold another trial. Rich spoke about the master plan the Governor is doing to get Hillary Clinton elected as President. Many of the things he is doing are unconstitutional in the Commonwealth.
9. New Business:
Community Engagement: DJ Jordan: DJ reported on the Supreme Court’s decision on abortion. He has reordered t-shirts and will be available this week. Delegate Lingamfelter is holding his annual event at Tim’s Rivershore. Back to school drive will start in August.
Operations: Tim Singstock: The Ball Game Fundraiser is on July 9th tickets are available. Need marchers in the 4th of July Parade and help setting up our booth.
10.Chairman’s Report: Dottie Miller: PWC still needs 400 election officers for the Presidential election. There are many Democrats and not enough Republicans working the Polls. Next month she requested that you sit with your Districts and bring a salad or dessert.
11. Vote in New Members: Alan Fojt, Mario and Angela Beckles, Chuck Moss, Cleveland Anderson, Clyde Butler, Steve Merkli, Charles Fuqua, Davon Gray, Mary Ellen Lewis, Luke Uderwood, Chris Crawford, Devinder Singh, Jonathan R. Smith, Robert Breitenbach,
Mac Haddow made a motion to give Rick Hendrix a Lifetime Achievement Award for all of his service to the Party. This should be presented to his family. Motion seconded and it passed.
Meeting Adjourned: 9:20
Dear Prince William Friends, Families, and Neighbors,
At 7 pm this Wednesday, June 22nd, Congressman Rob Wittman (R-VA 1st), Delegate Rich Anderson (R-51st), and Supervisor Ruth Anderson (R-Occoquan) will host a joint federal-state-local town hall. The event will be held in the Prince William Board of County Supervisors Chambers at the James J. McCoart Government Center, 1 County Complex, Woodbridge, VA 22192.
During the event, the three elected officials will discuss current issues of interest to citizens, and a question and answer period will follow. The event is an official constituent function that is open at no cost to all citizens of Prince William County, particularly the jurisdictions represented by the three officials. No RSVP is required.
Republican National Convention
Date: July 18-21, 2016 Location: Quick Loans Arena, Cleveland, OH
Positions to elect: Republican nominee for President and Vice President
Information and filing forms for the Quadrennial GOP Convention HERE.